We are looking for a talented Ruby backend developer with moderate experience in DevOps who has a passion for working with Big Data to help us reach our objective of improving the market for mobile app analytics and intelligence.
In collaboration with our data and development teams you will be playing a key role in maintaining and further developing our Big Data infrastructure pipeline to help deliver the best quality data solutions to our customers.
- You will be taking an active part in developing new and improving existing features at the core of our infrastructure. Working on projects to help improve the scalability and stability of current processes. Developing data pipeline monitoring tools and implementing new infrastructure components to support our product development team.
- You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations and troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- You will be working on challenging and unique solutions involving hundreds of Terabytes of data using the latest technologies in the Big Data field within our flexible and fast-paced work environment.
- You will be working with our small but very capable, talented and friendly development and data teams that will help you excel in your position and gladly help all the steps of the way.
Skills & Requirements
- You have 3+ years of experience developing Ruby applications.
- You have worked with and have a good understanding of platform/infrastructure as well as service technologies such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS.
- You are passionate about clean code and applying best practices to problem solving.
- You have experience in writing automated tests, e.g. Acceptance, Functional, Unit tests.
- You are willing to work on-site at our Berlin office.
- You feel very comfortable using the English language.
- Experience with Big Data and/or any of the following technologies will be considered a big plus - Python, BigQuery, Elasticsearch, Sidekiq, Datadog.
- You are a team player and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and jumping in to help others on your team.
Main technologies we are working with
- Languages/Frameworks - Ruby, Python, Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq PRO, Celery
- Storage - BigQuery, Elasticsearch, Redis, MySQL, Google Cloud Storage
- Cloud - Google Cloud Platform (Compute Engine, Stack Driver, Cloud SQL, Pub/Sub), Cloud66
- Modern Agile development with Github, Slack, Trello, Travis CI.
- Deployment/Monitoring/Metrics - Capistrano, Packer, New Relic, Datadog, Papertrail
- Freedom of technical decision-making
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary
- Cool new office in lively district Berlin-Mitte, epicenter of startup activity
- A young and easy-going international team with diverse professional backgrounds and flat hierarchy
We look forward to receiving your complete application including your salary expectations, in addition to your earliest possible starting date. If available, please provide a link to any additional online resources like a GitHub and/or Stack Overflow profile
Submit your CV