We are looking for a passionate data engineer. Do you get excited by the thought of moving and transforming large amounts of data using a cutting edge tech stack? Can you see yourself bragging to your neighbour that today you migrated a petabyte of data even though your neighbor is a gardener and does not own a computer? Would you like to be part of a team that solves problems that don’t have answers in stack overflow? Well, we answer all those questions with a strong yes and are looking to find a like-minded data nerd to expand our humble team.
Priori Data is a Berlin-based app market intelligence company. We help our partners and clients make data driven decisions around the app economy by providing download, revenue and usage estimates for every relevant app and game, as well as tools for keyword optimization (ASO). Various stakeholders in the app economy rely on our products, including top developers, large brands, leading venture capital firms and consultancies.
In our awesome Techspace coworking space in Berlin, we work hard to continue to achieve our goals in accordance with our values:
- We promote creativity in technical decision-making and the opportunity for every team member to take ownership.
- We rely on collaborative, self-organizing teams and lean software development processes.
- We're a cool, goofy and eclectic bunch.
If you think this sounds like a good fit for you, keep on reading!
- You will help setup and maintain large scale, reliable distributed data collection systems.
- You will be part of the team that owns and architects solutions to solve complex petabyte scale data challenges using the latest technologies in the Big Data field within our flexible and fast-paced work environment.
- You will closely collaborate with Data Scientists, Developers and Product teams.
- You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment and monitoring.
- You will take initiative in gathering domain-specific knowledge about our in-house infrastructure as well as the broader industry.
- You know your way around Python or Ruby as your programming language
- You have knowledge of Linux platforms and scripting capabilities (i.e., Bash, Ansible)
- You have experience with cloud platforms like Google Cloud Platform/GCP or AWS
- A quality-minded person, you are passionate about clean code and applying best practices to problem solving and understand the value of testing (Pytest, Rspec, unit testing).
- You have some knowledge about designing and implementing Distributed Systems.
- Ideally have experience with Docker and container orchestration tools.
- You are willing to work on-site at our Berlin office.
- You are able to communicate your findings clearly to both tech and non-tech audiences. (We are an English-speaking office so German is not required.).
- You are a team player and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and jumping in to help others on your team.
- You are a self-starter who will take initiative to improve and streamline our existing processes.
- In general we see passion, drive, willingness to learn > experience.
Main technologies we work with
- BigQuery. We use BQ to store and analyse massive datasets without the need to manage any infrastructure. It’s our data lake.
- Kubernetes. We are currently using Google Kubernetes Engine to aid in resource intensive tasks, like generation Machine Learning predictions for our data models.
- Apache Airflow is our data processing pipeline orchestration tool.
- Self managed Celery & Sidekiq - for job/task queue management.
- Monitoring and observability with Grafana and InfluxDB.
- Several other products from Google Cloud stack, Cloud SQL, Pub/Sub, StackDriver, Cloud Storage etc.
- Python and Ruby as main programming languages.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with an ambitious and easy-going team representing 14 different nationalities and a diverse set of professional backgrounds.
- Wednesday lunchtime workouts, Friday evening team beers and all sorts of other opportunities to hang out and socialize with the coolest coworkers in Berlin! Our most important asset is our culture.
- A friendly, creative and flat work environment that encourages knowledge acquisition and sharing through lunch & learns, hackathons and general freedom of technical and methodological decision-making.
- Team that’s committed to teach, mentor and always takes time to explain and help.
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy.
- We’re both attending and hosting meetups + we offer conference budget to further help expand your knowledge and gather new ideas by hearing our industry experts.
We look forward to receiving your complete application, in addition to your earliest possible starting date, via email to email@example.com. If available, please provide a link to any additional online resources like a GitHub and/or Stack Overflow profile.
Apply for this role