Just when you thought there couldn’t be any more apps to occupy your storage, there launches one more.
Of course, how can you resist the urge not to try something newly thrown your way?
So, here we are with an app identical to Twitter, making headlines with its groundbreaking download record within 2 hours of its launch.
Mark Zuckerberg launched Threads on July 6th, blowing away the internet. As it managed to summon 2 million downloads in 2 hours. The numbers don’t settle here, it goes beyond our expectation.
With that, here are some insights into the recently launched app Threads. Along with its details, features, and future forecast.
Threads App Overview
|Launch date||July 2023|
|HQ||Menlo Park, California|
|People||Adam Mosseri (CEO), Mark Zuckerberg (Meta CEO)|
Thread is a microblogging app identical to Twitter launched by Meta. Since both Twitter and Threads have a similar interface, it is safe to say that we are in a war. Threads are associated with Instagram and don’t allow you to delete the app. You need to delete your Instagram account to get rid of Threads. The app is currently available in 100 countries, contributing to the success of its launch.
Threads allow users to share text up to 500 characters, unlike Twitter. With the leverage of posting a 5-minute-long video, the app surely aims to offer something different. Since the app is still in its initial stage. We can expect new features in the upcoming days.
Features of Threads
- Threads is associated with Instagram which allows you to post Threads on Instagram stories. Just tap on “add to stories”
- It also allows you to share the Threads on another app like Twitter.
- The interface of the app is pretty similar to Twitter
- If you wish to share your content with a large audience, you need to add hashtags to your posts.
- You can write text up to 500 characters, and upload a video of 5 minutes in length.
- You have the authority to allow those who can mention you or reply to your Threads.
- The platform is currently available in 30 different languages.
Threads App Statistics
- The app was launched on July 6th. Soon after the launch the app garnered 41.79 million active users. The above stats come from the Android users, which soon turned to 49.3 million on 7th July.
- Threads has successfully surpassed ChatGPT by summoning 2 million users in just 2 hours.
- ChatGPT took 5 days to reach 1 million users, Threads took 1 hour.
- It is stated that a large part of the users are coming from iOS owners.
- The app is launched in 100 countries and successfully catered to audiences from India (33%), the United Kingdom (20%), Brazil (22%), United States of America (14%). Mexico (8%), Japan (5%).
- According to Mark Zuckerberg’s statement, the app has seen organic growth of 100 million users in 7 days without extreme promotions.
- The highest number of people who download Threads within its launch belongs to Gen Z.
- Another factor that contributes to a big number is celebrity influence. The highest number of users are also big celebrities and influencers.
- If we look at the gender majority. 68% of the male population is using the Threads app. while in women the percentage went up to 32%.
- According to the analysis, 28% of male users belong to 25-23 years of age. Whereas 11% of male and 5% of women belongs to 18-25 years of age.
- On the other hand, only 2% of females and 3% of males are in their mid-40s using Threads.
Sign-ups and Decline Statistics
- The number of people signed up in the initial hours was 10 million in numbers.
- The number of accounts created on the Threads app within 24 hours of its release is 30 million.
- According to a new insight, the app has seen a slight dip in its daily users.
- Threads active users dipped by 20% on 12-13th July.
- According to a report by CNBC the app has seen a dip in time spent by users to 50%.
- The app has now 150 million downloads.
Twitter VS Threads
|Twitter provides both mobile and desktop accessibility.||Threads app is only supported by Mobiles for now.|
|A video of 2 minutes and 20 can be posted on Twitter.||A video of 5-minute length is posted on Threads.|
|The text reach is up to 280 characters||The text reach is up to 500 characters.|
|Users can directly message each other on Twitter.||Threads offer no direct message facility.|
|Twitter offers trending topics categorized in different areas. Like sports, entertainment, music, and news.||Threads offer no such options as of now.|
|Twitter has a separate verification for users called Twitter Blue.||Threads verification is integrated with Instagram verification.|
|Requires hashtags to reach the maximum audience.||Requires no hashtags for reach.|
What is the future of Threads?
Despite seeking a slight dip in the numbers. The app still holds the record of becoming the fasting growing app in recent times. The future of thread depends on its modification and offerings. According to one analytics, the app is said to reach $8 billion in revenue by 2025. The plus spark for Threads is, it is already associated with a well-established app that is Instagram.
Twitter was always a home to celebrities and influencers. Whereas the large chunk of audience was always on Facebook, and gradually shifted to Instagram. The reason why a great strength of people does not use Twitter is likely to be comfort and user experience. Threads can provide both in the upcoming times.
If Threads focuses more on becoming a better social media app as a whole and not just a better copy of Twitter. It holds potential up to great lengths.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How many users does the Threads app have?
With its launch, the app managed to have 100 million downloads in 5 days leaving ChatGPT behind. As of 12th July, the app has 108 million users.
Q2. What is Threads App used for?
Threads app is a microblogging app like Twitter with similar offerings. You can text, post pictures, videos, and interact with your people by liking and reposting their Threads.
Q3. Are Threads and Instagram Connected?
Yes, Threads and Instagram are connected. Your Thread account will be integrated with your Instagram account. You cannot delete Threads if you wish. You are required to delete your Instagram to get rid of Threads.